Organic cane sugar hair removal wax
Organic, plastic free sugar wax for easy at-home hair removal.
Time to break out your ultra high waisted string bikini and serve your sascrotch an eviction notice. We know you're a confident person, and who cares if you have luscious locks, but sometimes you don't want the focus to be on your unwanted hair.
No way you can make it to the salon or even get an appointment on such short notice and you'd rather spend your money on anything other than hair removal services. Take matters into your own hands: our all natural, biodegradable organic sugar wax hair will leave your skin utterly smooth and hairless for 3-6 weeks.
Unlike skin irritating synthetic waxes, Sugar Be Free cane sugar wax only adheres to the hair follicles and dry skin cells, never live skin cells.
Locally handmade by Eco Collective’s very own co-founder, Marimar, this compostable sugar wax packaged in a cute reusable jar is a truly zero waste product!
Use and care
- Exfoliate with a dry brush or loofah to prep your skin and clean the area using warm water and non-scented soap. Allow your skin to dry completely before sugar waxing.
- For best results, hair should be the length of a grain of rice. If the hair is longer, trim to the desirable length. If the hair is too short, the hair will not effectively stick to the sugar wax, so you want to time it right.
- Remove lid and heat the sugar wax in a microwave for ten seconds or until the sugar is malleable (skip this step if you’re in a warm climate).
- Using a butter knife, wooden tongue depressor or your hands, apply the wax with pressure in the direction of hair growth until the wax is 1/4" thick.
- If you're using waxing strips (the strip method), press the strip onto the wax firmly and then rub vigorously for a few seconds so the strip adheres well.
- Pull the skin slightly above the hair removal area and pull the wax in the option direction of hair growth in a quick smooth motion.
- If you are not using waxing strips (ball method), you can reuse the sugar wax 3-4 times.
- To avoid ingrown hairs, do not wax the same area more than once.
- Remove stray hairs with tweezers and clean the area with non-scented soap and warm water and exfoliate the area. Continue to exfoliate regularly in the shower.
Store the sugar wax in a cool, dry area.
Note: be sure to patch test the wax on a small area of your skin. See our Best Practices blog for how to prep your skin and avoid any reactions as well as tips for waxing at home.
Organic lemon juice, organic cane sugar, distilled water.
Ingredients are Fair Trade, certified organic, vegan, gluten-free, palm oil free, and processed in a solar and wind powered facility. Sugar wax is 100% compostable.
Size / Materials
6 fl. oz.
Reusable and recyclable glass jar with a metal lid.
Sugar Be Free organic sugar wax is made in locally made in Ballard, Seattle, in small batches by Eco Collective’s very own co-founder, Marimar. Sugar Be Free is woman and Latina owned and operated.
End of life
The sugar wax itself is biodegradable and compostable, since it is all natural!
Wash and reuse the jar. Glass jar and metal lid are both recyclable.
I finally tried Marimar’s sugar wax that I bought months ago—it’s amazing! This was my first time doing any type of waxing, and it went very well. Don’t skip the exfoliation step before you start. I did both legs in about an hour, and used about 4oz of wax. I used the strip method with strips of brown paper bag and a butter knife applicator, but am going to try the ball method next time since that’s what my salon lady does. I was surprised at how little pain I experienced—sugar wax doesn’t rip the skin like normal wax, so it’s a much more tolerable and pleasant experience. It washed off super easily in the shower when I was done. I have extremely sensitive skin and this left my skin feeling great! I had some slight redness and little bumps for a few minutes, but that calmed down pretty quickly. I would normally pay around $100 or more to have my legs sugared at a studio/salon, so I think this is cost effective/worth the price. My skin is smooth and I’m happy! Photos taken after first strip was pulled and right after showering. Note that my skin is not red or irritated! Thanks Eco Collective for another amazing product, and the instructions for use made it super easy for a beginner to follow. :)
I love this sugar wax. So simple and easy to use.
I shied away from sugaring at home in the past due to the concern of a) getting right sugar consistency and b) perfecting technique. During quarantine I reconsidered due to salon closure and have had fantastic results! I've had such success with bikini (salon sugared for years) that I also did armpits (never salon sugared or waxed before). I wish I would have tried this years ago to save ca$h! Buying the product eliminated my concern of perfecting the sugar wax recipe/consistency. And more importantly, Marimar (Ecocollective co-owner) walked me through all the specific techniques I needed for success as a sugaring novice. The product quality & customer support are both unbeatable—definitely will be a repeat buyer & have already recommended to all the friends that will listen!
I have been seeing a professional to get sugared for years and I opted to go back to the solo routine with spas closed during COVID. I absolutely loved this sugar - simple to use, great instructions and any excess washes off your skin very easily. I was surprised at the minimal pain and have extremely sensitive skin which reacted very well to the ingredients. Highly recommend trying this out and giving some love to the amazing lady bosses who run Eco Collective!