The wait is over... Fluoride Unpaste tablets are HERE!
Say goodbye to disposable toothpaste tubes and nasty chemicals! These tablets are revolutionizing tooth care with natural vegan ingredients and 100% compostable packaging. Plus, they polish your teeth for a brighter smile.
Unpaste tablets have a fresh minty taste, and their solid form makes them so easy to travel with. Simply chew one tablet and brush with a soft bristle toothbrush. No tube, no paste, no waste.
Compostable refill packet: 125 tablets - a 2 month supply for one person.
2 month supply + Storage jar: When you choose this option, you'll get your 2 month supply in a compostable packet along with a 2 oz straight sided glass jar. The jar perfectly fits one refill packet and makes a great storage container for your unpaste!
You can now also choose your preference of Fluoride or Fluoride-free!
Note: The fluoride tablets are imprinted with a D (for Denttabs, the manufacturer) on one side of the tablet and F on the other side (for fluoride).
Use and care
To use, take one tablet in your mouth, chew until it turns into a soft minty paste, and brush with a soft bristle toothbrush twice a day. Rinse as normal.
Caution: Do not swallow. Not for use by children under 4 years of age.
The jar is dishwasher safe, and we recommend washing the lid with warm soapy water and letting it air dry.
Microcrystalline cellulose, sodium bicarbonate, amisoft (sodium lauryl glutamate), silica, magnesium, stearate, natural mint aroma, xanthum gum, menthol, stevia, (Stevioside), citric acid, eugenol.
Unpaste tablets are free of preservatives, germ-inhibiting substances, and binders and contain neither aluminum nor nanoparticles. Vegan and cruelty free.
- Microcrystalline Cellulose - facilitates UNPASTE’s ultra-smooth polishing action, even cleaning and polishing in the interdental spaces. Debris simply beads up on the tooth surface and plaque growth is inhibited.
- Sodium bicarbonate (Baking Soda) - adjusts the pH of the citric acid.
- Silica - serves as a cleaning agent and helps to remove any soft plaque.
- Amisoft (Sodium Lauryl Glutamate) - is a natural, mild, eco-friendly surfactant. Sodium lauryl glutamate should not be confused with monosodium glutamate (MSG), used in the food industry. UNPASTE tablets are MSG-free and gluten-free.
- Magnesium Stearate - is a compound commonly used in tablet manufacturing.
- Natural Mint Flavor from essential oil - gives UNPASTE its breath-freshening power.
- Menthol - helps freshen breath and adds a brisk, cool sensation to brushing.
- Xanthan Gum - is a natural thickener for the tablets, helping them break down smoothly in the mouth.
- Stevia - is a natural sweetener, derived from the leaf of the stevia plant, which does not promote tooth decay.
- Citric Acid - stimulates the flow of saliva in the mouth. This increase in saliva accelerates the remineralization of tooth surfaces.
- Fluoride (optional) - Aids in the prevention tooth decay.
Refill packet: 100% compostable paper packaging. Unpaste has recently updated their packaging to reduce the amount of paper used!
The storage jar is a straight sided glass jar with a gold colored metal lid and airtight plastisol lining.
Made in Berlin, Germany.
BDIH Certified: BDIH (Association of kind German Industries and Trading Firms) is a German based organization comprising over 400 producers and distributors of cosmetics, food supplements, nutritional foods and over-the-counter medicine that has a comprehensive set of guidelines for certifying natural cosmetics.
The guidelines cover raw materials from plant & mineral, animal protection and they forbid the use of organic-synthetic dyes, synthetic fragrances, silicones, paraffin and other petroleum based products.”
The storage jar comes from a US distributor in Nevada.
End of Life
After using all the tablets, you can compost the packet (even at home!) and recycle the paper wrapper and staple.
Reuse your storage jar again and again with refill packets! If you're done using it for this purpose you can reuse your jar for DIY projects, as a travel container, or another purpose of your choice! All parts are also recyclable.
I've used this a few times now since receiving and while I'm slowly getting used to the product, I do feel better about knowing I've reduced my plastic consumption! Like others have noted, these tablets will not foam up which is disappointing. I checked with my dentist and they said to always use a toothpaste with fluoride, so be sure to get the tablets with fluoride! Or ask your dentist for the best option for you!
It feels pretty much impossible to find a zero-waste toothpaste option that includes fluoride. Since my dentist told me I should be using toothpaste with fluoride in it, I have been on the hunt for a low waste option and these are the best ones by far!
I’ve been waiting anxiously for any of the toothpaste tab brands to come out with a fluoridated version for u.s. customers. To my knowledge, these are the first and I love them! I’ve tried other, non-fluoridated, tabs (lush and etee) and really didn’t care for them. The unpaste tabs have a much more minty taste that reminds me more of traditional toothpaste, which is a plus to me. This also might be a feature of the fluoride ones since they probably have a lot less baking soda. (I have not tried unpaste without fluoride). Still getting used to the texture of these - they are definitely more watery and less foamy than what I’m used to, but that is a small price to pay.
I decided to give these a try along with Bite to see what my options were like for ditching the tube. Compared to Bite, Unpaste has a much more intense, and long lasting mint flavor. They also taste a bit sweeter (although with that slight bitterness that comes along with stevia sweeteners). That said, the texture leaves something to be desired- I couldn't get over how chalky these were. One of the other reviews mentioned it was like "chewy [sic] on cotton gauzes", and that feels like an accurate description to me. I preferred the flavor and texture of the Bite tablets far more.
Great flavor, not salty and works very well (: