Ready to refresh! This clarifying shampoo bar produces a creamy lather that removes buildup and excess oil without stripping or drying out hair. Scented with tea tree and mint essential oils that transform any shower into a soothing experience.
One bar is estimated to last 100 washes, which means this 'lil guy will save you two bottles of liquid shampoo! Formulated with no sulfates, parabens, phthalates, or silicones.
Use and care
After you’ve wet your hair, take your shampoo bar and either rub the bar between your hands and massage the lather into your hair, or paint the bar directly onto your scalp. Be sure to separate and lift your hair to apply directly to areas that need extra cleansing. Couple with the Bottle-Free Beauty Bar Bag [LINK] for a super-sudsy clean. Rinse as you’d normally do and repeat as desired.
Each bar is approximately 3.60 oz.
Clarifying Shampoo Bar Ingredients: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Vegetable Glycerin, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride
Essential Oil Blend: Eucalyptus Smithii Oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil
- NO Sulfates
- NO Parabens
- NO Phthalates
- NO Artificial Fragrance
- NO Animal testing
- NOT Cold-pressed (Too high of a pH for hair and is actually just soap)
- NO Saponified oils (Too high of a pH for hair and turns the bar into soap)
About the ingredients:
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate: A gentle cleanser derived from coconuts. Acts as an alternative to sulfates.
- Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate: Naturally derived from coconuts. A gentle but effective foaming cleanser ingredient.
- Vegetable Glycerin: Acts as a natural humectant. Attracts and draws moisture to your hair and scalp and helps to hold it there.
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil: Adds amino acids and moisture to soften hair. Promotes hair growth, thickens hair, prevents damage and helps to hide damage.
- Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride: A conditioning agent that neutralizes hair static, naturally derived from guar beans.
- Essential oil blend: Eucalyptus Smithii Oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil.
Each shampoo bar comes in a recyclable cardboard box.
KITSCH is a female-owned accessory brand founded in 2010 with a focus on creating high-quality, effortless, and elevated self-care essentials. The brand is rooted in connection, positivity, and accessibility, and we love the care, passion, and resilience told in the brand story. From Cassandra, the founder:
"When I considered what brand I would want to build I thought about what was authentic to me. My personal style has always been simple, so I asked the question, 'What do I use every day? What products could I be proud of making, that would deliver function and I could actually afford?'" - Interview with Forbes
End of Life
Use until completely gone— this soap saver will help you make use of every last bit! The cardboard box packaging can be recycled.
I wanted to love this bar, but I couldn't. I tried it for 2 weeks. When my hair dried, it was dull and covered in a thick layer of residue. I tried using less shampoo, rinsing it for longer. Nothing worked. My hair felt dirtier right after my showers than it would after 3 days of not washing it. Oh well. I suppose I can use it as body wash, but I don't really want a layer of residue on my body either. I got the "Refresh" version
When I switched to shampoo bars I started out using Friendly from the UK. It worked great but I wanted something closer to home/lower carbon footprint. The sage on the mountain bar finally was my local match! I have fine but curly hair so I need a carefully balanced bar to cut down frizz but without too much oil. These bars are perfect, no nasty residue and the sent is wonderful. Warning, the first couple of times I used the bar the scent was strong, but the smell after washing and when your hair is dry is mild so don't worry.
Absolutely love this shampoo bar. Leaves all hair types from thin and straight, to curly, to thick and wavy - feeling and smelly great. Great alternative to bottled, everyday shampoo.
Love this shampoo bar! It's an easy lather and will last a long time.
At first I was worried it smelled to strong but my washed hair smelled amazing when I got out of the shower. It dried super clean and soft. The shampoo even had a nice satisfying foam to it