Orange Marmalade Curl Definer
Take care of the planet without compromising on your curl care! This all-natural, firm-hold gel is a customer favorite for a reason: Orange Marmalade delivers frizz-free curls with incredible shine. Applies easily for consistently beautiful curls each and every wash day. Made in small batches. Best kept refrigerated.
- Flaxseed extract promotes healthy hair growth
- Agave nectar extract draws moisture to the hair
- Pectin is a natural setting agent that strengthens and protects against breakage
- Aloe Vera juice conditions hair and relieves dandruff
- Marshmallow root helps soothe the scalp
Use & Care
Apply liberally to soaking wet hair. Air dry or diffuse.
Orange Marmalade Curl Definer is fully-preserved with a 9 month shelf life when stored in a cool, dark, dry location. Because Orange Marmalade is an all-natural product and cool, dry, dark locations are often difficult to come by, it is recommended that Orange Marmalade Curl Definer is refrigerated to preserve its shelf life.
Flaxseed extract, Agave nectar extract, Pectin, Aloe Vera juice, Marshmallow Root extract, Vitamin E, Xanthan Gum, Optiphen Plus, Sweet Orange Essential Oil.
About the Ingredients
- Flaxseed provides nutrition for hair follicles because it’s rich in fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids nourish hair follicles for healthy hair growth.
- Flaxseed is also rich in protein and selenium, both of which are necessary for growing healthy, shiny hair.
- Flaxseed's omega-3 fatty acids are anti-inflammatory, and may lower inflammation associated with hair loss, dandruff and other unhealthy scalp conditions.
- Flaxseed contains vitamin e, which provides additional nourishment for hair follicles and moisturizes the strands.
Agave nectar extract
- Agave nectar provides moisture and gives hair a lustrous shine.
- Agave nectar contains large molecules comprised of polysaccharides. Saponin, inulin, and fructose. These molecules consist of hydroxyl groups that make them hydrophilic meaning that they act like a humectant and draws water to the hair.
- Naturally occurring setting agent
- Pectin strengthens the hair cuticle, preventing breakage and improving length retention
Aloe Vera juice
- Aloe vera contains something called proteolytic enzymes which repairs dead skin cells on the scalp.
- Aloe vera juice also acts as a great conditioner and leaves your hair all smooth and shiny.
- Aloe vera juice promotes hair growth, prevents itching on the scalp, reduces dandruff and conditions your hair.
- Aloe vera juice has a chemical makeup similar to that of keratin, the primary protein of hair, consisting of amino acids, oxygen, carbon, and small amounts of hydrogen, nitrogen, and sulphur.
Marshmallow Root extract
- Marshmallow root is great for soothing and relieving your scalp and hair. It's rich in proteins and vitamins, treating hair ailments like eczema, psoriasis and dry scalp.
- Super slippery, aiding in detangling
- Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant, supports a healthy scalp and helps maintain hair growth.
- There is some limited evidence to support the claim that vitamin E can help prevent hair loss.
- Natural thickener and holding agent
- Globally approved preservative in the Optiphen family, paraben and formaldehyde-free.
Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- Orange essential oil is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory which makes it an ideal ingredient in your skin and hair routine.
- It's been shown to increase the ability to absorb vitamin C, collagen production, and blood flow, all of which are essential for anti-aging.
Size / Materials
- 11.5 fl. oz. glass jar with metal lid
- 16 fl. oz. refill pouch
Forever Home: Recyclable or reusable glass jar.
Refills: Lightweight, flex packaging made of kraft paper and lined with #7 plastic to prevent leakage. Recyclable in many municipalities; please check with your local program first. Ecoslay also offers a takeback program and will recycle your flex packaging for you, if #7 recycling is not supported in your area. You can read more about their new refill packaging program here!
Orange Marmalade Curl Definer is made by EcoSlay in Clarkston, GA, USA. EcoSlay is a small and growing Black-owned sustainable haircare brand based in Clarkston, GA. EcoSlay handmakes products tailored to curly and kinky hair using natural, purposeful ingredients and materials.
EcoSlay as a company combats packaging waste by building their haircare brand around refillable products, and by offering a recycling program for their refill pouches. You can read more about their refill packaging program here!
Custom filled to order in Seattle, WA, by Eco Collective.
My curls love this product!
This is a perfect curl cream that adds just enough crunch for definition but they can be easily broken up for soft bounce! So happy I found a sustainable product that works.
My newest fav hair gel!!! It smells so good and has a very decent hold, brings out the curls 100%!
This creamy gel is awesome for curly girls who don’t want a lot of crunch with their products. It leaves the hair so shiny and bouncy!
This product worked great on my curls. I use it with the spray leave on conditioner then follow up with the curl definer. A little goes a long way. I love the sweet orange smell! I look forward to using it every day. I plan to purchase again.