It's the pool party of the year and you can't wait to break out your ultra high waisted string bikini. It's time to serve your sascrotch an eviction notice.
We know you're a confident person, and who cares if you have luscious locks, but sometimes you don't want the focus to be on your unwanted hair but on your empowering spirit!
No way you can make it to the salon or even get an appointment on such short notice and you'd rather spend your money on anything other than hair removal services. There has to be a better way!
Take matters into your own hands: our all natural, biodegradable organic sugar wax hair will leave your skin utterly smooth and hairless for 2-6 weeks.
Unlike skin irratating synthetic waxes, Sugar Be Free cane sugar wax only adheres to the hair follicles and dry skin cells, never live skin cells.
Locally handmade by Eco Collective’s very own co-founder, Marimar, this compostable sugar wax packaged in a cute reusable jar is a true zero waste product!
Use and care
- Clean the hair removal area using warm water, non-scented soap and exfoliate. Allow area to dry completely before sugar waxing.
- For best results, hair should be the length of a grain of rice. If the hair is longer, trim to the desirable length and if the hair is too short, the hair will not effectively stick to the sugar wax.
- Remove lid and heat the sugar wax in a microwave for ten seconds or until the sugar is malleable.
- Using a butter knife, wooden tongue depressor or your hands, apply the wax with pressure in the direction of hair growth until the wax is 1/4" thick.
- If you're using waxing strips, press the strip onto the wax in a back and forth motion with pressure so it adheres.
- Pull the skin slightly above the hair removal area and pull the wax in the option direction of hair growth in a quick smooth motion.
- If you are not using waxing strips, reuse the sugar wax 3-4 times.
- To avoid ingrown hairs, do not wax the same area more than once.
- Remove stray hairs with tweezers and clean the area with nonscented soap and warm water and exfoliate the area. Continue to exfoliate the area in the shower.
- Exfoliate the hair removal area to remove dead skin so the sugar wax adheres better to the hair.
- Using baby powder or flour on the hair removal area will help the sugar wax adhere to the hair and remove the moisture on the skin.
- By using a butter knife or wooden tongue depressor to apply the sugar wax onto the unwanted hair. Using an applicator is more desirable than your hands because the warmth of your hands can melt the sugar wax and make it harder to handle.
- Avoid lotions, exposure to sunlight and synthetic fabric underwear for 24 hours after sugar waxing.
- Continue to exfoliate the area in the shower to avoid ingrown hairs. Ingrown hairs can occur when dead skin cells block the pore and prevent the hair from surfacing.
- Store the sugar wax in a cool, dry area.
6 fl. oz.
Organic lemon juice, organic cane sugar, distilled water.
Ingredients are Fair Trade, certified organic, vegan, gluten-free, palm oil free, and processed in a solar and wind powered facility. Sugar wax is 100% compostable.
Reusable and recyclable jar.
Sugar Be Free organic sugar wax is made in locally made in Ballard, Seattle, in small batches by Eco Collective’s very own co-founder, Marimar. Sugar Be Free is woman owned and operated.
End of life
The sugar wax itself is biodegradable and compostable, since it is all natural!
Wash and reuse the jar, or if you’re in Seattle, donate your reused jars to us at Eco Collective! If need be, recycle your jar.
I shied away from sugaring at home in the past due to the concern of a) getting right sugar consistency and b) perfecting technique. During quarantine I reconsidered due to salon closure and have had fantastic results! I've had such success with bikini (salon sugared for years) that I also did armpits (never salon sugared or waxed before). I wish I would have tried this years ago to save ca$h! Buying the product eliminated my concern of perfecting the sugar wax recipe/consistency. And more importantly, Marimar (Ecocollective co-owner) walked me through all the specific techniques I needed for success as a sugaring novice. The product quality & customer support are both unbeatable—definitely will be a repeat buyer & have already recommended to all the friends that will listen!
I have been seeing a professional to get sugared for years and I opted to go back to the solo routine with spas closed during COVID. I absolutely loved this sugar - simple to use, great instructions and any excess washes off your skin very easily. I was surprised at the minimal pain and have extremely sensitive skin which reacted very well to the ingredients. Highly recommend trying this out and giving some love to the amazing lady bosses who run Eco Collective!