Jello Shot is a thick, firm hold hair gel with a jelly like consistency. With okra extact, aloe vera juice and chamomile, this super-thick, strawberry-scented gel firmly holds even the kinkiest curls in place!
Apply to soaking wet hair in sections. Air dry or diffuse.
Shelf life and storage
Jello Shot is fully-preserved with a 9 month shelf life when stored in a cool, dark, dry location. Because this is an all-natural product and often cool, dry, dark locations are difficult to come by, it is recommended that Jello Shot is refrigerated to preserve its shelf life.
Water, Okra extract, Aloe vera juice, Pectin, Chamomile flower extract, Nettle leaf extract, Melissa leaf extract, Peppermint leaf extract, Horsetail leaf extract, Yucca Vera leaf extract, propanediol (corn-based preservative booster), aminopropanol (pH balancer), strawberry fruit essence, benzyl alcohol dehydroacetic acid (non-drying alcohol used in preservation system), carbomer 980 (thickener), sodium gluconate (beet-based preservative booster).
About the Ingredients
- Adds incredible slip, increasing detangability
- Okra is rich in Folic acid which is proven to improve hormonal balance, preventing hair loss.
- Okra has a high Vitamin C content, which helps build collagen, important for hair growth
- The Vitamin C in okra also plays a necessary role in absorbing iron, which keeps our locks strong and healthy
- Okra has antibacterial properties, helping the scalp to stay in balance.
- The protein and oil contained in the seeds of okra serves as the source of first-rate vegetable protein, keeping hair strands strong.
Aloe vera Juice
- Aloe vera contains something called proteolytic enzymes which repairs dead skin cells on the scalp.
- Aloe vera juice also acts as a great conditioner and leaves your hair all smooth and shiny.
- Aloe vera juice promotes hair growth, prevents itching on the scalp, reduces dandruff and conditions your hair.
- Aloe vera juice has a chemical makeup similar to that of keratin, the primary protein of hair, consisting of amino acids, oxygen, carbon, and small amounts of hydrogen, nitrogen, and sulphur
- Naturally occurring setting agent
- Pectin strengthens the hair cuticle, preventing breakage and improving length retention
Chamomile flower extract
- Chamomile will strengthen your hair and protect it from being easily damaged. It contains anti-septic properties that gets rid of dirt and grease clogging hair follicles and promotes hair growth. It prevents buildup of bacteria and germs and keeps your hair clean and fresh.
- Chamomile is also an herbal remedy to get rid of stubborn dandruff. People suffering from a persistent dandruff problem can surely find great relief. It is also very soothing for dandruff affected itchy scalp. Use regularly on irritated areas and let chamomile work its magic.
- It provides hair with intense nourishment and makes it shiny and lustrous. (mirahbelle.com)
Nettle leaf extract
- Helps in combating hair loss and also helps in hair re-growth.
- Nettle leaves are rich in silica and sulphur. This helps in making hair shinier and healthier. (everscents.com.au)
Melissa leaf extract
- Calms the scalp
- Melissa leaf extract is an antimicrobial, helping to fight scalp infection. (naturallycurly.com)
Peppermint leaf extract
- Peppermint is antimicrobial, helping to fight scalp infection.
- Peppermint is vasodilating (and vasoconstricting), which means that it improves blood circulation. Many cases of hair loss and baldness occurs due to starved blood flow to hair follicles. Increasing circulation improves blood flow and therefore hair growth and slows hair loss.
- Peppermint is also anti-inflammatory and calming to the scalp.
Horsetail leaf extract
- Horsetail extract is rich in minerals for hair, tying horsetail and hair growth together.
- Horsetail vitamins for hair growth's principal ingredient is the mineral silica, or silicon, which strengthens hair strands, as well as nails and bones. (viviscal.com)
Yucca Vera leaf extract
- Yucca naturally works to thicken hair.
- Native American tribes in Northern Mexico and South America use yucca roots extract to help treat dandruff and dry scalp.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties.
- It removes product buildup and dirt from the scalp due to its anti-fungal properties. (yourhairlossexpert.com)
- pH balancer
Strawberry fruit essence
- Highly aromatic water recovered at the pre-heater stage of the evaporator during the fruit juice concentration process.
- Vitamin C in strawberries encourages iron absorption and encourages better hair growth. (lotioncrafter.com)
Benzyl alcohol dehydroacetic acid
- Non-drying alcohol used in preservation system
- Carbomer is a thickening agent.
- Beet-based preservative booster
- Corn-derived preservative booster
Made by EcoSlay in Clarkston, GA, USA. EcoSlay is a small and growing Black-owned sustainable hair care brand based in Clarkston, GA. EcoSlay handmakes products tailored to curly and kinky hair, using natural, purposeful ingredients and materials.
EcoSlay as a company combats packaging waste by offering a recycling program for their own containers, and we're excited to create an opportunity to buy EcoSlay products in reusable/recyclable mason jars!
Custom filled to order by Eco Collective in Seattle, WA.
CGM girl here! Jello shot is the perfect name for this gel. It is sooooo thick! I personally have been putting some water in my hands with the gel and then rubbing my hands together before I put it in my hair. I am still learning how to use it compared to the other gels I've used, but so far I really like it! It seems to define more strands of my hair than other gels I have used.