Jello Shot - Firm Hold Hair Gel
Jello Shot is a thick, firm hold hair gel with a jelly-like consistency and a light strawberry scent. Formulated with okra extact, aloe vera juice, and chamomile, this super-thick gel firmly holds even the kinkiest curls in place! Made in small batches. Best stored refrigerated.
- Okra Extract provides slip and is rich in vitamin C, helping to build collagen
- Aloe Vera Juice promotes hair growth, conditions, and reduces dandruff
- Pectin is a natural setting agent that strengthens the hair and prevents breakage
- Nettle Leaf extract adds shine and supports hair growth
- Yucca Vera Leaf extract works naturally to thicken hair
Use & Care
Apply to soaking wet hair in sections. Air dry or diffuse.
Jello Shot is fully-preserved with a 9 month shelf life when stored in a cool, dark, dry location. Because this is an all-natural product and often cool, dry, dark locations are difficult to come by, it is recommended that Jello Shot is refrigerated to preserve its shelf life.
Size / Materials
- 11.5 fl. oz. glass jar with metal lid
- 16 fl. oz. refill pouch
Forever Home: Recyclable or reusable glass jar
Refills: Lightweight, flex packaging made of kraft paper and lined with #7 plastic to prevent leakage. Recyclable in many municipalities; please check with your local program first. Ecoslay also offers a takeback program and will recycle your flex packaging for you, if #7 recycling is not supported in your area. You can read more about their new refill packaging program here!
Water, Okra extract, Aloe vera juice, Pectin, Chamomile flower extract, Nettle leaf extract, Melissa leaf extract, Peppermint leaf extract, Horsetail leaf extract, Yucca Vera leaf extract, propanediol (corn-based preservative booster), aminopropanol (pH balancer), strawberry fruit essence, benzyl alcohol dehydroacetic acid (non-drying alcohol used in preservation system), carbomer 980 (thickener), sodium gluconate (beet-based preservative booster).
- Adds incredible slip and detangles hair.
- Rich in Folic acid to improve hormonal balance and help prevent hair loss.
- High Vitamin C content, which helps absorption of iron and to build collagen, important for hair growth
- Source of first-rate vegetable protein, keeping hair strands strong.
Aloe vera Juice
- Proteolytic enzymes help repair dead skin cells on the scalp.
- Promotes hair growth, prevents itching on the scalp, reduces dandruff and conditions your hair.
- Chemical make-up similar to that of keratin, the primary protein of hair, consisting of amino acids, oxygen, carbon, and small amounts of hydrogen, nitrogen, and sulfur
- Naturally occurring setting agent
- Pectin strengthens the hair cuticle, preventing breakage and improving length retention
Chamomile flower extract
- Anti-septic properties to prevent clogged hair follicles and promote hair growth
- Helps ease persistent dandruff and soothes scalp
Nettle leaf extract
- Helps in combating hair loss and also helps in hair re-growth.
- Rich in silica and sulphur to promote shiny and healthy hair
Melissa leaf extract
- Calming to the scalp
- Antimicrobial, helping to fight scalp infection
Peppermint leaf extract
- Vasodilating and vasoconstriction, to help improve blood circulation and hair follicle health
- Anti-inflammatory and calming to the scalp
Horsetail leaf extract
- Mineral silica strengthens hair strands
Yucca Vera leaf extract
- Yucca naturally works to thicken hair.
- Native American tribes in Northern Mexico and South America use yucca roots extract to help treat dandruff and dry scalp.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties.
- It removes product buildup and dirt from the scalp due to its anti-fungal properties.
- pH balancer
Strawberry fruit essence
- Highly aromatic water recovered at the pre-heater stage of the evaporator during the fruit juice concentration process.
- Vitamin C in strawberries encourages iron absorption and encourages better hair growth. (lotioncrafter.com)
Benzyl alcohol dehydroacetic acid
- Non-drying alcohol used in preservation system
- Carbomer is a thickening agent.
- Beet-based preservative booster
- Corn-derived preservative booster
Made by EcoSlay in Clarkston, GA, USA. EcoSlay is a small and growing Black-owned sustainable hair care brand based in Clarkston, GA. EcoSlay handmakes products tailored to curly and kinky hair, using natural, purposeful ingredients and materials.
EcoSlay as a company combats packaging waste by building their haircare brand around refillable products, and by offering a recycling program for their refill pouches. You can read more about their refill packaging program here!
Custom filled to order by Eco Collective in Seattle, WA.
I have very curly hair that requires a lot of gel to tame the frizz and hold the curls. I have used many gels but never found one that holds my hair sooo well. So well, infact, that I have to use very little of the product. I've been mixing it with a bit of water in my hand before application because the gel is so thick....this helps it spread more evenly....and also means that I don't have to use as much!
My new go to for my wash n go!!! Works great on top of uncle funky's curly magic!
This gel works great! A perfect replacement for the bumble and bumble product I used to use and honestly works way better. I was skeptical because my curls don't always respond well to new products, but this one is a keeper for sure. My curls are super soft too.
Decided to try it out, something that would help me to keep my thin hair curly, and surprisingly it did replace both of my mousse and hair spray. Which I'm glad about. It definitely takes some time to learn how to use it, not to make hair too stick or not to put too little amount. But I definitely like it and that it doesn't have a strong smell like most of the hair products. And the sustainable package makes it even cooler. Thank you!
Love this product for keeping my unruly curls in place.