- End of Life
Bring your writing to life with fun new colors for your fountain pen! These inks come in unique and vibrant shades that bring an element of play to your everyday notes, to-do lists, and journaling. Small but mighty, these mini ink bottles give you the flexibility to try out a color (or six)... and surprisingly, they'll refill your pen up to 15 times!
Use with a refillable ink cartridge converter and fountain pen for your low-waste writing practice, or dilute ink with water to use with a paintbrush. These inks are fast-drying, nontoxic, and made with all-natural dyes.
Perle Noire is a rich black ink well-suited for many paper types. An ideal everyday ink.
Bleu Myosotis is a cool purple-toned blue. A soft-spoken take on standard blue inks.
Rose Cyclamen is a vivid fuschia and a fabulous accent ink.
Orange Indien is a warm orange with a deep, coppery undertone.
Roulle d'Ancre is a warm, sepia-toned peach.
Vert Olive is a muted, sepia-toned olive green.
Vert Empire is a deep forest green and would work well as an everyday ink (with a twist!)
Mind the color swatches, as the ink dries differently from how it may appear in the bottle.
Use & Care
- The 10ml ink bottle holds approximately 15 refills for a standard international size cartridge converter (the equivalent of 15 conventional pens!)
- Store the bottle upright and close tightly to avoid any leaks. The inks are water-based and can be cleaned from most hard surfaces, but can still stain porous materials and fabrics. Use with care - especially on the first fill, as the bottles are filled close to the top.
- To load ink, first disassemble your pen, leaving the refillable cartridge converter installed and attached to the nib portion of the pen. Lower the pen nib into the inkwell and slowly fill cartridge with ink (either by squeezing until submerged and then letting go to draw the ink up, or by using the syringe, depending on your style of cartridge). Reassemble pen and write away! It may take a few moments for the ink to flow smoothly.
- When switching between different colors, we recommend flushing the cartridge with water and allowing the clean cartridge to fully air dry, to avoid muddying the colors. Alternatively, you can have multiple cartridges that you rotate between, one for each color.
- For more detailed instructions, check out our blog post on how to refill and clean your fountain pen!
The inkwells are packaged in recyclable glass bottles with a recyclable metal lid. Herbin uses all-natural dyes in their fountain pen inks. This natural composition is reflected in the very neutral pH of the inks.
10ml ink bottle: metal lid and glass bottle.
J. Herbin is one of the oldest makers of pen inks in the world, dating back to 1700. Herbin inks are made in France, and the finishing touches on the bottles are still done by hand in Paris.
10ml ink bottle can be recycled or upcycled.